Start your day off right with this delicious homemade Belgian waffle recipe! These waffles are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they’re perfect for topping with your favorite fruits, syrups, or even ice cream. And best of all, they’re super easy to make. Just follow the simple instructions below and you’ll be enjoying homemade Belgian waffles in no time!
Check also: Vegan Falafel Waffles
This Homemade Belgian Waffle recipe is perfect for making tender, crispy, and savory waffles at home. They are crisp and golden from the outside while fluffy and light from the inside.
2 cups milk
2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
½ tbsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Cinnamon
½ cup oil
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Butter
Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together Cinnamon, Flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to make the dry mixture.
- In a second bowl, beat butter, milk, egg yolk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Dabble the egg yolk mixture into the dry one and whisk it with a beater till it becomes smooth and stiff.
- Grab a third bowl and whisk the egg white with a beater until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the batter into egg white, be careful not to overbeat the batter.
- Preheat and spray your best waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter on the maker iron and cook on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serves with delicious maple syrup, butter, fruit, powdered sugar, or strawberries topping.
Tips for Delicious and Crispy Belgian waffles
- Always try to use melted butter in the batter and waffle iron for a great buttery texture.
- Try to use whole milk in the batter.
- Make sure to preheat the waffle iron and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray to prevent your waffles get stuck to the surface.
- Do not transfer the waffle straight to the plate after cooking; it traps steam underneath them, which results in softening the waffle. Instead, transfer them to the oven to get further crisp and keep warm.
- Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Check out our guide to the best waffle maker.
To keep the waffle warm, transfer them to the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. It not only keeps your waffles warm but also adds crispiness.
Yes, you can freeze them in the freezer for up to a week and a month. Simply put them in an air-tight bag and place them in the freezer. Although, make sure to remove air as much as possible and don’t flatten the waffle.
Grab one waffle from the freezer and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds or till it gets warm and crispy. For an added crispiness and more buttery flavor, try to brush with butter and then place in the oven. Moreover, you can also warm them on a toaster at a waffle setting, but it depends on your choice.