If you’re looking for a lighter waffle option, these Lemon-Ricotta Cornmeal Waffles are a perfect choice. Made with cornmeal and ricotta cheese, they’re full of flavor but light and fluffy at the same time. And the addition of fresh lemon juice gives them a bright, zesty flavor that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Lemon-Ricotta Cornmeal Waffles RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
With an excellent hint of lemon flavor and ricotta cheese Lemon-Ricoote, Cornmeal Waffles are a perfect addition to your breakfast table. With the creamy richness and fresh berries topping it has the right ingredients to turn you on for a fantastic day.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp lemon extract
½ tbsp salt
1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
2 tbsp lemon zest
¾ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup unsalted butter
1½ cup half-and-half
4 pcs large Egg, separated
Pure Maple syrup
Crisp bacon strips
Mixing Bowl & Whisk
Beater – Electric or Manual
- Heat your best thin waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and preheat the oven to 200°.
- In a food processor, beat the ricotta cheese with lemon juice, egg yolk, sugar, half-and-half, and milk until smooth. Grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pour into the cheese mixture and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the melted butter. Beat the egg white with an electric beater, fold the batter in egg white and add in the lemon zest.
- Brush your waffle iron with non-stick cooking oil or cooking spray. Spoon the batter on the waffle iron and close the waffle iron. Cook until the waffles become fluffy and you get your desired crispiness.
- Serve them immediately with maple syrup, bacon strips, and melted butter. If not, transfer them to the cooling racks placed on the baking sheets in the oven.
Nutritional Info – Amount per Serving
- Calories 406; Carbohydrates 52.2g; Saturated Fat 16.6g; Protein 12.3g; Cholesterol 133.9mg; Sodium 622.6mg.