These vegan falafel waffles are another excellent addition to the dazzling world of crispy and creamy waffles. With traditional spices and ethereal tahini sauce, these fluffy and savory waffles are the perfect, healthy, and easy meal to change your so-called routine. Moreover, these incredible waffles are an excellent option to choose for lunch and dinner too.
1 ½ tbsp. regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour
3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 minced garlic cloves
1 small minced onion
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tbsp. fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoon ground cumin powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
For making Tahini Syrup
2 teaspoon fresh or bottled lemon juice
½ cup tahini
1 tbsp. Grunted garlic
½ tbsp. Sugar
½ tbsp. salt
¼ cup warm water
15.5 oz. caned chickpea, drained
1. In a food processor, blend chickpeas, onion, and garlic until coarsely chopped. Small chunks are coarse fine and give falafel texture to the batter. Further add coriander, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, parsley, baking soda, flour, salt, and pepper. Pulse the batter until it resembles a coarsely fine falafel texture. Now transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir with a fork. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
2. Until the batter is set-up, it’s time to make your favorite tahini syrup. Spill all the syrup ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth, creamy texture. Make sure it is relatively. Set it aside as well.
So we have prepared our batter and tahini syrup… Hmmm! What is next?
Of course, it’s time to bake these delicious waffles.
3. For this, preheat your Belgian waffle iron. If you don’t have one, get the right waffle iron from here. Spray with cooking spray. Pour the batter on the waffle iron until about 2/3 full. Close the cover and cook for at least 12-15 minutes or till the waffle get your desired crispiness and browning.
4. For an added flavor, toss some tomato and cucumber in lemon juice and olive oil.
5. When waffles are perfectly cooked, carefully remove them from iron and top with your favorite Tahini syrup and a generous pile of veggies you prepared. Serve warm.