If you’re looking for a delicious and unique twist on falafel, then you’ve got to try vegan falafel waffles! These waffles are made with a combination of chickpeas, spices, and herbs, and are served with a tasty tahini sauce. They make a great appetizer or main course and are sure to satisfy even the most discerning eaters. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
You can also try our Buttermilk Waffle recipe.
Vegan Falafel Waffles RecipeCourse: Breakfast, DessertCuisine: American
These vegan falafel waffles are another excellent addition to the dazzling world of crispy and creamy waffles. With traditional spices and ethereal tahini sauce, these fluffy and savory waffles are the perfect, healthy, and easy meal to change your so-called routine. Moreover, these incredible waffles are an excellent option to choose for lunch and dinner too.
1½ tbsp regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour
3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 minced garlic cloves
1 small minced onion
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 tsp ground coriander
salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp ground cumin powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
½ cup tahini
1 tbsp grunted garlic
½ tbsp sugar
½ tbsp salt
¼ cup warm water
15.5 oz canned chickpea, drained
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, onion, and garlic until coarsely chopped. Small chunks are coarse and fine and give falafel texture to the batter. Further add coriander, cumin powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, parsley, baking soda, flour, salt, and pepper. Pulse the batter until it resembles a coarsely fine falafel texture. Now transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir with a fork. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Until the batter is set up, it’s time to make your favorite tahini syrup. Spill all the syrup ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth, creamy texture. Make sure it is relatively. Set it aside as well.
- So we have prepared our batter and tahini syrup… Hmmm! What is next?
Of course, it’s time to bake these delicious waffles.
- For this, preheat your Belgian waffle iron. If you don’t have one, get the best waffle maker from here. Spray with cooking spray. Pour the batter on the waffle iron until about 2/3 full. Close the cover and cook for at least 12-15 minutes or till the waffle get your desired crispiness and browning.
- For an added flavor, toss some tomato and cucumber in lemon juice and olive oil.
- When waffles are perfectly cooked, carefully remove them from iron and top with your favorite Tahini syrup and a generous pile of veggies you prepared. Serve warm.
- Calories: 182 | Carbs: 210 g | Fat: 143 g | Protein: 57 g | Sodium: 1416 mg | Sugar: 12 g Per Serving: Calories: 248 | Carbs: 26 g | Fat: 18 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 177 mg | Sugar: 2 g