Whether it is a cold winter dinner or a hot summer outside lunch, salad is always a favorite for everyone and is a necessary part of the meal. This colorful and delicious mixture of different veggies and hearty greens will brighten up your table for potlucks, dinners, and lunch. When it comes to salad, there is a wide variety of choices. But today we are here with another most famous, delicious, and healthy tuna pasta salad.
This sturdy and delicious Tuna pasta salad is perfect for summer parties, potlucks, backyard barbecue, picnic or dinner, and lunch.
There is another reason I’ve called this the most famous tuna Pasta Salad! It has a great combination of healthy and delicious ingredients that makes your summer incredible.
I mostly called it a go-to-far quick meal. It need only little prep work, a few steps, and you can have this ready in just 25 minutes. In summer, when it is hot outside, and you do not want to stand in the kitchen for a long time, this delicious and easy Tuna Pasta is perfect.
How to make Tuna Pasta?
Making tuna pasta is not hard. It is effortless to cook and needs little time and prep work. It is tasty and perfect for a light summer meal.
- 8-ounce small shell pasta
- 7 ounce canned tuna
- ½ cup red onion
- 2 cup celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 spoon sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Salt & freshly ground pepper for taste
Boil a large bowl of salted water and cook pasta in it. Drain, allow them to cool. I always choose small pasta like a shell, but you can select either Rotini or Farfalle according to your choice. Even you can use macaroni if you like.
While the pasta cook, prepare other ingredients, chop the onion and celery, and boil the peas. You can also boil the peas with pasta during the last minutes of cooking.
Drain the water from the tuna and break it up with a fork. Now add tuna, pasta, celery, peas, onion, and pickle relish in a large mixing bowl, and mix them thoroughly.
Next, make the dressing; it is straightforward and easy. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and yogurt in a separate bowl until smooth. Add dill, vinegar, salt, and pepper in it. Your dressing is ready.
Now pour the dressing in the pasta bowl and mix well. If necessary, add more mayonnaise to reach the desired consistency. Garnish it with fresh minced parsley, lemon zest, or slices of tomatoes.
Your Tuna Pasta is ready, refrigerate at least for 1 hour before serving.
Other good stuff you can add in here:
You can throw in more ingredients such as Pepperoncini, Kalamata olives/ black olives, capers, red peppers, or Parmesan cheese in this tuna pasta if you want. But it depends upon your choice and needs.
Moreover, you can also add more veggies, chickpeas, or fish. Besides, you can use salmon instead of tuna or chicken if you don’t like fish.
- Always keep your Tuna Pasta in a sealed container, so it cannot absorb the flavor of other ingredients present in the refrigerator. Furthermore, when taking it to a potluck, place ice packs in a cooler around it to keep it chilled.
- If you want to serve this recipe late and wanted to store for long, I would suggest waiting to add sauces until serving. Because pasta will absorb the sauces and it would not have the creaminess that you want.
- Moreover, if you are using macaroni instead of pasta, I would suggest reducing the uncooked amount to 2.5 cups. You can also add more or fewer ingredients according to your taste or need.
- If you are not a mayo lover, you can reduce the amount of mayo according to your desire or skip it. Besides, you can use olive oil in its place.
- Make sure pasta is cooled when you dress the salad because warm pasta absorbs more of the dressing. Hence, I always add mayonnaise and sour cream in cooled noodles for creamy salad.
Did you know that Tuna Pasta is full of Healthy Benefits?
Tuna is not only delicious, but it is also beneficial for health. It has multiple benefits from boosting your immune system, improving your eyesight, and hair quality to weight loss.
- Tuna is heart-friendly. It contains omega-3-fatty acids, reduce the cholesterol level by bringing balance in blood in vessels.
- Tuna is also rich in potassium. Omega-3-fatty acids to gather with potassium bring an anti-inflammatory effect to the cardiovascular system. Hence, it lowers the blood pressure, risk of heart attack, and strokes.
- The richness of manganese, zinc, selenium, and vitamin C, helps to strengthen the immune system. Moreover, it is also an excellent antioxidant, fight with free radicals – the by-product of metabolism on the cellular level, and protect from diseases like cancer.
- Provide energy, increase the functionality of organs, and improve your skin health.
- Tuna have protein and nutrients but have low fats. Therefore, it does not increase your weight.
What to do with leftovers?
Pasta will keep well for a maximum of 3-4 days in the refrigerator, only if it is placed in a sealed container. However, you can add more mayonnaise to moisten, as pasta soak mayo and it can get dry. But I would recommend eating this salad within 24 hours as it has maximum flavor and freshness.
The Bottom Line:
Here you read how to make this easy, delicious and healthy tuna pasta with its benefits. Make this creamy Tuna pasta in hot summer days and enjoy your meal.