Are you on the hunt for the best tasting canned clams to add some excitement to your pantry? Look no further! Let me introduce you to the unsung hero of the canned world – canned clams. These little sea treasures are packed with unbeatable flavor and versatility that will have you reconsidering your go-to pantry staples.
Whether you’re a seasoned seafood connoisseur or a newbie to oceanic cuisine, canned clams offer an easy and affordable way to elevate your meals. From creamy clam chowder to zesty linguine with clams, the possibilities are endless. In this article, we’ve compiled some of the best canned clam recipes that will make your taste buds sing.
These canned clams recipe ideas are simple, easy and effortless, taking only a few minutes to prepare. So, don’t worry about thinking about how to eat canned clams, ignite your stovetop, crack open a can of these briny delights, and let’s start cooking these healthy canned clam recipes. 
Top 3 Recipes for Canned Clams
1. Steamed Clams with Beans & Greens
Looking for a quick and easy dinner that’s packed with flavor? Look no further than this delicious recipe for Steamed Clams with Beans & Greens. Perfect for a weeknight meal or a casual get-together with friends, this dish is sure to impress with its combination of tender, briny clams, hearty white beans, and vibrant greens.
Not only this dish is delicious, it’s also incredibly healthy and packed with nutrients. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover greens or beans you might have in the fridge. So, next time you’re in need of a quick and satisfying meal, give this recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients: /4 cup olive oil, 4 cloves garlic (minced), 1 cup vegetable broth, 1 cup dry white wine, 1/2 tsp. dried chili flakes, 14 oz. chopped tomatoes, 14 oz. cannellini beans (drained), 1/2 lb. littleneck clams (scrubbed), 1 bunch Swiss chard (washed and torn), 1/2 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained, 2 Tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. lemon zest, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup parsley (chopped), sea salt, pepper
How to make Steamed Clams with Beans & Greens:
- Take a microwave-safe basin pan and fill it with 4 cups of water. Cover the basin pan with the lid and place it in the microwave. Select steam mode and heat the water for ten minutes.
- Take a skillet and heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute it for 2-3 minutes. Now stir in broth and white wine and heat it for 4-5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the stovetop and add the chili flakes, tomatoes, and beans. Mix them and transfer the mixture into a small pan.
- Place a steamer tray in the water basin pan and place the tomato mixture pan on it.
- Cover the lid and cook it for 20-25 minutes.
- Now add the clams to the tomato mixture and steam it for 12-15 minutes until the clams are cracked open.
- When the clams are open stir in Swiss chard and remove them from the streamer. Now toss cooked spaghetti, butter, lemon zest, and juice with clam sauce and season it with some salt and pepper.
2. Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce:
If you’re a fan of seafood dishes, you won’t want to miss this recipe for Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce. With its combination of succulent clams, tangy linguines, and a touch of heat, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings for something deliciously spicy. It is super easy, taking only a few minutes and you can readily serve it to your guests and family members. So, if you’re looking for quick canned clam recipes to delight your taste buds, this is the ideal canned clam recipe.
Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. Bertolli Classico Olive Oil, 1 clove garlic (finely chopped), 1 cup sweet onion, 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed, 1 jar Bertolli arrabbiata sauce, 8 oz. linguine, cooked and drained, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 24 clams, well scrubbed
How to make Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce:
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion until it turned golden for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, and oregano, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sauce and bring it to the bowl.
- Now add clams and reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 10 minutes or until the clams are open.
- Sprink your favorite herbs or season it with sauce or cheese and serve over hot linguine.
3. Bacon and Clam Pizza
Are you tired of the same old boring pizza toppings? Why not switch things up with this deliciously unique recipe for Bacon and Clam Pizza? With its combination of smoky bacon, briny clams, and creamy cheese, this pizza is sure to be a crowd-pleaser on your next pizza night. Not only is this pizza absolutely delicious, but it’s also a great way to get creative in the kitchen and use up any leftover ingredients you might have on hand. 
So, next time you’re in the mood for pizza, give this recipe a try and you will not be disappointed.
Are canned clams good for you?
Ingredients: 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons jarred chopped Calabrian peppers, 2 cloves garlic, finely grated, 1 cup chopped broccoli florets, 1 (6.5 ounces) can of chopped clams, drained, 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, patted dry and torn into bite-size pieces, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to make Bacon and Clam Pizza:
- Take a bowl and mix self-rising flour and yogurt with the help of the mixer until smooth ball forms. You can also add more flour if needed.
- Position a rack in the upper and lower third of the oven and place a baking sheet lightly dusted with flour. Preheat it over 450 degrees.
- Transfer the flour ball to the slightly dusted surface and spread it in a circular shape. Now place the crust on the prepared baking sheet in the oven.
- In a bowl, mix oil, pepper, and garlic and spread 3 tablespoons on the crust. Add broccoli to the bowl and spread it over the crust with clams and mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza on the lower rack approximately for 13 to 16 minutes until the underside is golden brown.
- Move the pizza to the upper rack and broil it for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is well browned.
- Let’s cool it for a few minutes and season it with your favorite herbs and serve it with sauce.